Weekly Practice on Tuesdays - 5-8 pm
2016 Practice Starts May 17
McFetridge Sports Complex, 3843 N. California Ave., Chicago (at Irving Park Rd.)
May - September
2016 Cubs Tournament Schedule
- June 4-6: Grand Rapids, MI
- June 16-17: RIC-CPD Junior Cubs Home Tournament, Chicago
- June 17-19: RIC Cubs Home Tournament, Chicago
- July 30-31: LWSRA Hawks Tournament, New Lenox, IL
- August 5-6: 10th Annual Junior Wheelchair Softball World Series, Minneapolis, MN
- August 11-13: 41st Annual Wheelchair Softball World Series, Biloxi, MS
312-238-5011, Trent Thenhaus
About the RIC Cubs
The RIC Cubs is a cross-disability, competitive wheelchair softball team that competes in tournaments locally and nationally. The RIC Cubs is a member of the National Wheelchair Softball Association and is the first wheelchair softball program to be sponsored by a major league baseball team.
About Wheelchair Softball
Wheelchair softball is played on hard surface parking lots under the official rules of 16-inch slow pitch softball as approved by the Amateur Softball Association of America with certain exceptions, as outlined by the National Wheelchair Softball Association.
About RIC Cubs' home field
In June 2003, the Chicago Park District, made possible with the support of Cubs Care, the Mayor's Office for People with Disabilities, the Baseball Tomorrow Fund and the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago, opened the first state-of-the-art, fully wheelchair-accessible softball field in the state of Illinois. The RIC Cubs are proud to be able to call this field home and welcome visitors to come out to view practices and games held at the field.