Caring for Kids Volunteers Needed
Caring for Kids is always looking for dedicated and caring volunteers to assist with Caring for Kids participants. Volunteers must be at least 15 years old. Volunteers will help with hand over hand assistance, pushing participants’ wheelchairs, keeping participants engaged and safe, and having an encouraging and enthusiastic attitude!
What is Caring for Kids?
Caring for Kids is a community-based, outpatient program for children ages 7-17 with physical disabilities offered through the RIC Adaptive Sports Program. Caring for Kids provides a variety of adaptive non-competitive sports and recreation opportunities to promote physical activity, socialization, and self-confidence for its participants.
Caring for Kids activities include: Therapeutic Horseback riding, Teen Night, scuba diving, yoga, dance, laser tag, cultural activities, and so much more!
- Become actively involved and participate in program activities.
- If you are placed 1:1 with a participant or supervising a small group, you are responsible for those specific youth during the acitivity.
- All volunteers will treat all staff, volunteers, bus drivers, participants, equipment, facilities, and outside staff with respect.
- Aid in pushing wheelchairs and walking alongside youth utilizing walkers.
- Act as good role models and mentors and offer positive reinforcement.
- Make sure someone knows where you are at all times, bathroom, concessions, etc.
- Volunteers must stay within an arm’s length distance to their assigned participant or group at all times.
If you or anyone you know is interested in volunteering please contact Ashley Gruenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-238-5005