- Amputee Research Registry
To estimate current prevalence of amputees in the center-based catchment area of the RIC. Sufficient data will be collected that will characterize amputees in the Chicago area with respect to demographic and clinical features, e.g., etiology, laterality, post-amputation pain, use of assistive devices.
- Broad Idiopathic Response Biomechanisms (BIRB) in Central and Peripheral Neuropathic Pain Conditions
Study of an investigational drug (Lenalidomide) for pain associated with Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS or reflex sympathetic dystrophy).
- Development of a Neural Interface for Powered Lower Limb Prosthesis
To use EMG-pattern-recognition algorithms to augment onboard mechanical sensor data to create an intuitive, robust, and safe overall control strategy for a powered lower limb prosthesis.
- Fitting of Multiple Degree-of-Freedom Prostheses for Improved Upper Limb Prosthesis Control
To test the ability to control new prosthetic components, such as shoulders, elbows, wrist and hands and to test the function of these new components.
- Long Term Functional Outcomes Following Inpatient Rehabilitation For Patients with Multiple Limb Amputations From Purpura Fulminans
To determine the long-term outcome of patients who have multiple limb amputations following purpura fulminans.