- A Sensorimotor Assessment of Visuo-Motor Coordination in Mild TBI
To evaluate visuo-motor functioning following concussion. In this study participants will move a handle connected to a computer controlled robot and perform tasks in a virtual reality similar to a video game.
- Aging-Related Changes in the Intrinsic and Reflex Properties of the Neuromuscular System
Musculoskeletal, aging, ankle
- Amputee Research Registry
To estimate current prevalence of amputees in the center-based catchment area of the RIC. Sufficient data will be collected that will characterize amputees in the Chicago area with respect to demographic and clinical features, e.g., etiology, laterality, post-amputation pain, use of assistive devices.
- Center for Rehabilitation Outcomes Research Registry
To develop a registry of research volunteers for the Center for Rehabilitation Outcomes Research
- Clinical Neuroscience Research Registry
To provide individuals who are interested in research a way to be contacted about current and future studies.
- Comparing Robotic Control Strategies for Robot-Aided Gait Therapy
Examining robot-aided walking performance using newer, advanced robotic technology. This knowledge is expected to assist the development of rehabilitation programs that could improve walking outcomes in individuals who have had a stroke and help them become independent ambulators.
- Comparing Task Specific Training with Stride Management Assist (SMA) Device vs. Impairment based Physical Therapy on Functional Walking Ability in Outpatient Stroke Rehabilitation
The study objective is to compare task specific training using a robotic exoskeleton SMA vs. traditional physical therapy in the outpatient setting for individuals post-stroke.
- Developing a Portable Intelligent Stretching Device
Neurological disorders, stretching, robotic rehabilitation
- EKSO Trial: Powered Exoskeleton for Ambulation in Subjects With SCI
Determining success factors for using Ekso Bionics powered exoskeleton. System consists of a brace extending from torso to feet with battery-powered hinges for joint motion and walking.
- Enhanced Locomotor Recovery in Human SCI through Motor Adaptation
To enhance independent walking function in people with incomplete SCI by adding adaptive resistance at targeted phase of walking during BWSTT in order to augment motor adaptation.