CROR Publications & Presentations
Community Participation Indicators (CPI)
Orthotics Prosthetics User Survey (OPUS)
Bombardier CH, Fann JR, Wilson CS, Heinemann AW, Richards JS, Warren AM, Tate DG, et al. A randomized controlled trial of venlafaxine XR for major depressive disorder after spinal cord injury: Methods and lessons learned. J Spinal Cord Med, 2014; 37(3): 247-263. doi: 10.1179/2045772313Y.0000000138
- Bode RK, Heinemann AW, Kozlowski AJ, Pretz CR. Self-Scoring Templates for Motor and Cognitive Subscales of the FIM Instrument for Persons With Spinal Cord Injury, Arch Phys Med Rehab,2014; 95(4):676-679 e675.
- Heinemann AW, Connelly L, Ehrlich-Jones L, Fatone S. Outcome Instruments for Prosthetics Clinical Applications. Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am, 25 (2014) 179–198.
- Heinemann AW, Dijkers MP, Ni P, Tulsky DS, Jette A. Measurement Properties of the Spinal Cord Injury-Functional Index (SCI-FI) Short Forms Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. Arch Phys Med Rehab, in press.
- Heinemann AW, Magasi S, Hammel J, Carlozzi NE, Garcia SF, Hahn EA, Lai J-S, Tulsky DS, Gray DB, Hollingsworth H, Jerousek S. Environmental Factors Item Development for Persons with Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury. Arch Phys Med Rehab, in press.
- Kalpakjian CZ, McCullumsmith CB, Fann JR, Richards JS, Stoelb BL, Heinemann AW, Bombardier CH. (2014). Post-traumatic growth following spinal cord injury. J Spinal Cord Med, 37(2), 218-225. doi: 10.1179/2045772313Y.0000000169
- Lackland DT, Roccella EJ, Deutsch, A, Fornage M, George MG, Howard G, Kissela B, Kittner SJ, Lichtman J, Lisabeth L, Schwamm LH, Smith EE, Towfighi A, on behalf of the American Heart Association Stroke Council, Council on Cardiovascular Nursing, Council on Quality of Care and Outcomes and Research, and Council on Functional Genomics and Translational Biology. Factors Influencing the Decline in Stroke Mortality: A Statement for Healthcare Professionals from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association, 2014; 45:315-353.
- Mallinson T, Deutsch A, Bateman J, Tseng H, Manheim L, Almagor O, Heinemann AW. Comparison of Discharge Functional Status After Rehabilitation in Skilled Nursing, Home Health, and Medical Rehabilitation Settings for Patients After Hip Fracture Repair, Arch Phys Med Rehab, Vol 95, Issue 2, February 2014, Pages 209-217.
- Moore J, Raad J, Ehrlich-Jones L, Heinemann AW. Development and Use of a Knowledge Translation Tool: The Rehabilitation Measures Database, Arch Phys Med Rehab, 2014;95(1):197-202.
- Ottenbacher KJ, Karmarkar AM, Graham JE, Kuo Y-F, Deutsch A, Reistetter TA, Snih SA, Granger CV. Thirty-day hospital readmission following Discahrge from Postacute Rehabilitation in Fee-for_service Medicare Patients. JAMA, in press (Feb 12, 2014).
- Sun, K, Song J, Lee J, Chang RW, Eaton CB, Ehrlich-Jones L, Kwoh KC, Manheim LM, Semanik PA, Sharma L, Sohn M-W, & Dunlop D. Relationship of meeting physical activity guidelines with health-related utility. Arthritis Care & Research, 2013 Dec 10 (epub ahead of print).
- Tulsky, DS, Kisala, PA, Lai, JS, Carlozzi, N, Hammel, J, & Heinemann, AW (2014). Developing an Item Bank to Measure Economic Quality of Life for Individuals with Disabilities. Arch Phys Med Rehab. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2014.02.030
- Wong AW, Heinemann AW, Wilson CS, Neumann H, Fann JR, Tate DG, Bombardier CH, et al (2014). Predictors of Participation Enfranchisement After Spinal Cord Injury: The Mediating Role of Depression and Moderating Role of Demographic and Injury Characteristics. Arch Phys Med Rehab. doi: 10.1016/j.apmr.2014.01.027
- Wong W, Heinemann AW, Miskovic A, Semik P, Snyder TM. Feasibility of Computerized Adaptive Testing for Collection of Patient-Reported Outcomes following Inpatient Rehabilitation, Arch Phys Med Rehab, Available online 16 January 2014.
- Heinemann AW, "Development and evaluation of environmental factor instruments for use following spinal cord injury". 53rd International Spinal Cord Society (ISCoS) Annual Scientist Meeting: MECC, Maastricht, The Netherlands, September 2-4, 2014.
- Heinemann AW, “Physical Interventions to Maximize Motor Recovery following Spinal Cord Injury”. 4th Annual Spinal Cord Injury Research Seminar: Kennedy Kreiger Institute, Baltimore, MD, June, 2013
- Jensen SE, Butt Z, Heinemann AW, Cella D, Kuiken T, Dumanian GA. Perceptions of Upper Limb Transplantation Benefits and Risks: The Amputee Perspective. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Association for Hand Surgery, January 9, 2014, Kauai, HI.
- Heinemann AW, Baum C, Tulsky D. Research Recommendations from the State of the Science Conference on Outcome Measurement in Medical Rehabilitation. Symposium at the Rehabilitation Psychology 2014 Conference, San Antonio, TX, February 27, 2014.
- Organization and Financing of Medical Rehabilitation Services in the USA: Implications for Research Priorities. Invited presentation at De Hoogstraat Revalidatie, Utrecht, The Netherlands, December 2, 2013.
- Deutsch A. Improving Care Transitions: Policymakers’ Perspective. International Stroke Conference. San Diego, CA. February 14, 2014.
- Deutsch A. Quality and Safety: Key Performance Indicators. Nancye B. Holt Management Course The Leadership and Operational Tool Box for Managing in Rehabilitation. Chicago, Il; March 11, 2014.
- Deutsch A. Post Acute Care: Payment and Quality Initiatives. University at Seattle, WA, Dept. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation. March 14, 2014.
- Improving the Measurement Properties of Depressive Symptom Instruments: A Rasch Measurement Example. Invited presentation at the University of Michigan, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Ann Arbor, MI, February 14, 2014.