Quality Outcomes at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
RIC's world-renowned patient care, education and research are driven by the field's most rigorous quality standards. As the leader in rehabilitation outcomes research, we continue to deliver the best possible outcomes.
RIC has been home to the most groundbreaking rehabilitation medicine in the world for more than half a century.
- RIC has been rated America's #1 rehabilitation hospital by U.S. News & World Report for nearly 20 years, a record held by no other specialty hospital.
- No other rehabilitation hospital in the nation carries seven research designations from U.S. government agencies, including the Department of Defense, to develop breakthrough treatments.
- RIC is home to the world's largest rehabilitation research center and has on average more than 250 projects underway at any given time in bionic medicine, neural engineering and other areas.
RIC is the nationally recognized leader in outcomes research
RIC is the only hospital in the nation to be tapped by the U.S. government to pioneer the research and development of key metrics that measure the effectiveness and the long-term impact of medical rehabilitation. These metrics will become global medical standards.
RIC provides the most effective inpatient rehabilitation
- RIC treats the most challenging cases in the nation.
- We consistently discharge more patients to home than the national and regional averages.