Inpatient Rehabilitation Care:
Overview of Inpatient Services
Experts, Experience and Extraordinary Results
Every year, the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) treats more than 4,000 children, teens and adults with injuries, illnesses or congenital conditions that cause physical disability. The inpatient care teams at RIC help patients reach their goals and return to home, work or school as soon as possible.
- Your referral to RIC is the first step in giving your patient the best opportunity for a positive outcome and a personally satisfying rehabilitation experience.
- Each patient's care is customized to fit their needs and care plans are developed with the input of the patient, family, physician and rehabilitation team.
Team Effort Offers Top Quality Care at RIC
- RIC care is based on a teamwork approach at every level, from inpatient to day rehabilitation to outpatient, with physiatrists (physician specialists in physical medicine and rehabilitation) leading each team.
- Team members may include physical and occupational therapists, rehabilitation nurses, speech-language pathologists, psychologists, therapeutic recreation specialists, care managers and vocational rehabilitation counselors.
- Coordinated care among our team of professionals with patient and family helps minimize secondary complications, maximize efficiencies in reaching goals and facilitate the patient's return to home, work or school.
- Our rehabilitation team keeps the patient's referring physician informed about patient progress and ensures a smooth transition back to their care when therapy is completed.