2013 Intensive Aphasia Program
Internationally acclaimed Aphasia Program at the #1 rehabilitation hospital in the country now enrolling for April 2013
Apply Now | Two sessions: April 22-May 22 and October 7-November 6
The recognized leader in rehabilitation care offers ten individuals the opportunity to work with a national leader in aphasia research and treatment. RIC provides an intensive, month-long therapy led by Dr. Leora Cherney, PhD, CCC-SLP.
Why an intensive program?
Recent studies have shown that individuals with aphasia benefit from intense treatment provided over a short period of time. This therapy regimen increases the possibility of improved communication.
Why choose RIC's program?
- All therapy is provided by licensed, certified speech-language pathologists who are among the most experienced in the field of aphasia treatment. Although RIC is a teaching hospital, this specialized clinical program does not utilize students to provide clinical care.
- Therapy is based on the latest, evidence-based information including cutting-edge research from RIC’s Center for Aphasia Research and Treatment.
- This program is offered full day, five days a week, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Participants will receive 30 hours of speech and language therapy each week.
- RIC is the recognized leader in rehabilitation care, having been ranked the “#1 Rehabilitation Hospital in America” by U.S. News and World Report every year since 1991.
Who should apply?
The RIC's Intensive Aphasia Program is open to all individuals with aphasia who are at least 18 years of age. Participants should also:
- Be medically stable
- Be able to endure the intensity of the program
- Be independent in mobility and self-care, or be accompanied by a caregiver at all times