Intensive Aphasia Therapy Program – 2017
Internationally acclaimed Aphasia Program at
the #1 rehabilitation hospital in the country
• Monday, April 24 – Wednesday, May 24, 2017 and
• Monday, October 2 – Wednesday, November 1, 2017
The recognized leader in rehabilitation care offers ten individuals the opportunity to work with a national leader in aphasia research and treatment. RIC provides an intensive, month-long therapy led by Leora Cherney, PhD, CCC-SLP.
Why an intensive program?
Recent studies have shown that individuals with aphasia benefit from intense treatment provided over a short period of time. This therapy regimen increases the possibility of improved communication.
Why choose RIC's program?
- All therapy is provided by licensed, certified speech-language pathologists who are among the most experienced in the field of aphasia treatment. Although RIC is a teaching hospital, this specialized clinical program does not utilize students to provide clinical care.
- Therapy is based on the latest, evidence-based information including cutting-edge research from RIC’s Center for Aphasia Research and Treatment.
- This program is offered full day, five days a week, Monday through Friday, from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Participants will receive 30 hours of speech and language therapy each week.
- RIC is the recognized leader in rehabilitation care, having been ranked the “#1 Rehabilitation Hospital in America” by U.S. News and World Report every year since 1991.
How do I apply for the program?
See if you are eligible and download the required application and medical information forms here.