Education, Residency and Internship
- Saint Mary's College, Notre Dame, IN, BS, Nursing
- University of Illinois at Chicago, MS, Nursing - Acute Care Nurse Practitioner
Honors & Awards
- 2002: The Expanded Role Award for Excellence in Spinal Cord Injury Nursing, American Association of Spinal Cord Injury Nurses
- 2000: Third Place Award, Poster Presentation, American Spinal Injury Association Annual Meaning
- 1999: Sigma Theta Tau International, Mary Kelly Mulane Award in Clinical Excellence in National and International Nursing Practice, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1997: Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1996: Cardew-Mullane Award in Clinical Excellence and Leadership, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1996: Department of Nursing Sciences Master’s Recognition Award in Medical-Surgical Nursing, University of Illinois at Chicago
- 1985: Humanitarian Nursing Award, Saint Mary’s College, Notre Dame, IN
Frost F, Hartwig D (Rowles D), Jaegar R, Leffler E, Wu Y.
Electrical Stimulation of the Sacral Dermatomes in Spinal Cord Injury: Effect on Rectal Manometery and Bowel Emptying. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 1993; 74:696-701.
Chen D, Hartwig DM (Rowles DM) , Roth EJ.
Comparison of sperm quantity and quality in antegrade v retrograde ejaculates obtained by vibratory penile stimulation.
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 1999; 78:46-51.
Green D, Hartwig D (Rowles D), Chen D, Soltysik RC, Yarnold PR. Spinal cord injury risk assessment for thromboembolism (SPIRATE study).
Am J Phys Med Rehabil 2003; 82:950-956.
Certifications & Licenses
Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification, American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), 1997, Illinois Registered Nurse License
Illinois Advanced Practice Nurse/Certified Nurse Practitioner License
Illinois Advanced Practice Nurse Controlled Substance License