Education, Residency and Internship
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel), BSc, Physics & Atmospheric Sciences
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel), MSc, Atmospheric Sciences
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (Israel), PhD, Neuroscience
- University of Haifa (Israel), Post Doc, Neuroscience
- RIC/Northwestern University, Post Doc, Neuroscience
Teaching or Professional Positions
Honors & Awards
- 2009 Sarah Baskin Award for Excellence in Research, RIC
- 2008 Sarah Baskin Award for Excellence in Research, RIC
- 2008 NIDRR Switzer Research Fellowship, US Dept. of Education
- 2006–2008 Postdoctoral fellowship, funded by Michael Starnes Stroke foundation
- 2004–2005 Rothschild Fellowship, University of Haifa, Israel
Dvorkin AY, Bogey RA, Harvey RL & Patton JL (2011) Mapping the neglected space: Gradients of detection revealed by virtual reality. Neurorehabil Neural Repair. 2012 Feb;26(2):120-31
Dvorkin A.Y., Bogey R.A., Harvey R.L. & Patton J.L. (2011) Mapping the neglected space: Gradients of detection revealed by virtual reality. Neurorehab and Neural Repair. Published online 11 July 2011. DOI: 10.1177/1545968311410068
Larson E.B., Ramaiya M., Zollman F.S., Pacini S., Hsu N., Patton J.L. & Dvorkin A.Y. (2011) Tolerance of a virtual reality intervention for attention remediation in persons with severe TBI. Brain Injury 25(3): 274-281.
Dvorkin A.Y., Kenyon R.V. & Keshner E.A. (2009) Effects of roll visual motion on online control of arm movement: Reaching within a dynamic virtual environment. Exp Brain Res 193: 95-107.
Dvorkin A.Y., Rymer W.Z., Harvey R.L., Bogey R.A. & Patton J.L. Assessment and monitoring of recovery of spatial neglect within a virtual environment, Proceedings of the IEEE Virtual Rehabilitation 2008. p. 88-92, Vancouver, Canada, Aug. 2008.
Dvorkin A.Y., Rymer W.Z., Settle K. & Patton J.L. (2007) Perceptual assessment of spatial neglect within a virtual environment. In: IEEE
Virtual Rehabilitation. p. 175-179, Venice, Italy, September 2007.
Dvorkin A.Y., Kenyon R.V. & Keshner E.A. (2007). Reaching within a dynamic virtual environment. J of Neuroengineering and Rehab, 4:23.
Rosenblum S., Dvorkin A.Y. & Weiss P.L. (2006). Automatic segmentation as a tool for examining the handwriting process of children with dysgraphic and proficient handwriting. Human Movement Science 25(4-5): 608-621.
Dvorkin A.Y., Shahar M. & Weiss P.L. (2006). Reaching within video-capture virtual reality: Using VR as a motor control paradigm. CyberPsychology & Behavior 9(2): 133-136.
Perception and action in spatial neglect following stroke; Spatial perception and control of movement and posture in healthy individuals and in traumatic brain injury and stroke survivors; Using virtual reality and robotics technologies for rehabilitation