Your RIC Doctor Search Result
Keith Gordon, PhD
- Research Scientist, SMPP, RIC
- Research Assistant Professor, PM&R, NU
- Faculty Member, Interdepartmental Neuroscience Program, NU
- Research Health Scientist, Hines VA
Education, Residency and Internship
- University of California, Davis, BS, Dept. Exercise Science
- San Diego State Universityn, MA, Dept. Exercise and Nutritional Science
- University of Michigan, PhD, Division of Kinesiology
- SMPP, RIC, Postdoctoral Fellowship
- Northwestern University, Postdoctoral Fellowship
Honors & Awards
- Young Investigator Award (Poster), International Society of Biomechanics
- Lucile M. Swift Award: for superior scholarship and professional promise, Division of Kinesiology, University of Michigan
- Wu M, Gordon KE, Kahn JH, Schmit BD (2011) Enhanced sensory feedback from thigh afferents improves locomotor output in human Spinal Cord Injury. Clin Neurophysiol, 122(7):1421-8.
- Gordon KE, Wu M, Kahn JH, Schmit BD (2010) Feedback and Feedforward Locomotor Adaptations to Ankle-Foot Load in People with Incomplete Spinal Cord Injury. J of Neurophysiol. 104(3):1325-38.
- Sulzer JS, Gordon KE, Dhaher YY, Peshkin MA, Patton JL (2010) Pre-swing knee flexion assistance is coupled with hip abduction in people with Stiff-Knee gait after stroke. Stroke. 41(8):1709-14.
- Sulzer JS, Gordon KE, Hornby TG, Peshkin MA,Patton JL (2009) Adaptation to Knee Flexion Torque During Gait. Proceedings of the IEEE 11th Intl Conference on Rehab Robotics, 830-835.
- Reinkensmeyer DJ, Akoner O, Ferris DP, Gordon KE (2009) Slacking by the Human Motor System: Computational Models and Implications for Robotic Orthoses. Proceedings of the 31th Annual IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. 1:2129-32.
- Cotey D, Hornby TG, Gordon KE, Schmit BD (2009) Increases in Muscle Activity Produced by Vibration of the Thigh Muscles during Locomotion in Chronic Human Spinal Cord Injury. Exp Brain Res, 196(3):361-74.
- Gordon KE, Wu M, Kahn JH, Dhaher YY, Schmit BD (2009) Ankle Load Modulates Hip Kinetics and EMG during Human Locomotion. J of Neurophysiol. 101(4):2062-76.
- Gordon KE, Ferris DP, and Kuo AD. (2009) Metabolic and Mechanical Energy Costs of Reducing Vertical Center of Mass Movement During Gait. Arch of Phy Med Rehab, 90:136-44.
- Cain S, Gordon KE and Ferris DP (2007) Human motor adaptation during walking with a powered ankle-foot orthosis depends on control method. J of Neuroeng and Rehab, 4:48.
- Gordon KE and Ferris DP (2007) Learning to walk with a robotic exoskeleton. J of Biomech, 40:2636-2644.
- Gordon KE, Sawicki GS, and Ferris DP (2006) Mechanical performance of artificial pneumatic muscles to power an ankle-foot orthosis. J of Biomech, 39:1832-1841.
- Ferris DP, Gordon KE, Sawicki GS and Peethambaran A (2005) An improved powered ankle-foot orthosis using proportional myoelectric control. Gait and Posture, 23:425-428.
- Sawicki GS, Gordon KE and Ferris DP (2005) Powered lower limb orthoses: applications in motor adaptation and rehabilitation. Proceedings of the IEEE 9th Intl Conference on Rehab Robotics, 206-211.
- Gordon KE and Ferris DP (2004) Proportional myoelectric control of a virtual object to investigate human efferent control. Exp Brain Res, 159:478-486.
- Ferris DP, Gordon KE, Beres-Jones JA and Harkema SH (2004) Muscle activation during unilateral stepping occurs in the non-stepping limb in humans with clinically complete spinal cord injury. Spinal Cord, 42:14-23.