- Year joined staff:
Education, Residency and Internship
- Wittenberg University, BA, Biology
- Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine, DO
- Ohio State University, PM&R
- Cuyahoga Falls General Hospital, Cuyahoga Falls, OH
By clicking on the posted website address they are leaving the RIC site and migrating to a third party site which has its own set of usage terms and conditions and states that RIC assumes no responsibility for the users conduct or usage of content available through the third party site.
View more publications...
Certifications & Licenses
- Illinois #036131304 (2012)
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Pain Medicine (2003)
- Florida #OS 7098 (1995)
- American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (1993)
- American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (1992)
- Ohio #4622, Inactive (1988)
Dr. James W. Atchison, DO, is the Medical Director at RIC’s Center for Pain Management. Dr. Atchison brings nearly 25 years of physical medicine and rehabilitation experience to RIC. Dr. Atchison’s appointment supports the growth of RIC’s pain management program at a point when an aging population demands increased attention to pain management.
Dr. Atchison is an editorial reviewer for Archives of PM&R, Pain Medicine and the Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation. He has led countless research projects and published numerous academic papers.
He completed his medical school training at Ohio University College of Osteopathic Medicine in Athens, Ohio, and his PM&R residency at The Ohio State University in Columbus.
Dr. Atchison practices at RIC’s Center for Pain Management, located at 900 North Michigan Avenue in Chicago.
To schedule an appointment with Dr. James W. Atchison, DO please call 800-354-7342 or use our online form.