Thank you for supporting the 14th Annual Bearcat Ball "Bearcat Lights Bearcat Nights," held on October 13, 2012. The event raised more than $100,000 for RIC's Pediatric Charity Care Program! Special thanks to our sponsors, guests and all Associate Board members and prospects who served on the Bearcat Ball committee for making the event a success!
The evening's highlights included:
- Presentation of the Tree of Life Award to Michael Patrick Thornton, artistic director and co-founder of The Gift Theatre
- Guest Actors from the Actors Gymnasium
- Casino Gaming
- Silent Auction
- Broadway Buffets by Blue Plate Catering
- Specialty Cocktails by Wirtz Beverage
- Music by UpBeat Music Productions
About the Bearcat Ball
The Associate Board hosts the annual Bearcat Ball to benefit the Rehabilitation Institute's Pediatric Charity Care Program, which offers prosthetic devices and specialized treatment to children with disabilities whose families cannot afford this care. Funds raised by the Bearcat Ball support the following:
- Help children receive care that their families could not otherwise afford.
- Help RIC meet increasing Charity Care needs due to rising unemployment and the weakened economy. Each year RIC provides more than $2 million to Charity Care patients.
- Support our goal of reaching more pediatric and adolescent lives through pediatric inpatient/outpatient care regardless of financial situation.