The Role of Allied Health Professionals at the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago
Our Allied Health Staff
- Outpatient: 86 staff members
- Day rehabilitation: 52 staff members
- Inpatient: 79 staff members
- 162 allied health staff have graduate degrees
- 26 allied health staff have doctoral degrees
Allied health professionals include occupational therapists, physical therapists, speech-language pathologists, psychologists and other health care professionals who are not physicians or nurses. At the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC), these clinical professionals provide specialized therapies on each care team, help patients regain function and achieve their personal goals.
One important way RIC supports the professional development of its allied health staff is through our Clinical Ladder Program. This program encourages growth for our staff, provides a reward program for excellence and supports optimal care for patients.